Unirent rent a car - Rental conditions
BASIC CONDITIONS FOR CAR RENTAL
- Driver must be minimum 21 years old
- Minimum 2 years of valid driving license which must be presented
- A valid proof of your identity – passport or ID presented
- A valid credit card as an instrument for paying deposit or cash deposit in the value from 300 to 1800EUR depending on the vehicle class
- Minimum length of rental agreement is 1 day (24 hours)
- Pick up and return times must be accurate. Only 60 minutes return delay can be tolerated. We calculate any overdue as additional rental day.
- Charges for the car rental are to be paid upon claiming the vehicle with credit card (Amex, Visa, Mastercard), cash or paying directly to our bank account (companies).
- Deposit amount for rental duration is mandatory. Methods of payment are credit cards and cash.
- Deposit amount is based on rental duration.
- The vehicle can be picked up and dropped off at our counter at Nikola Tesla airport. Delivery and return are possible off the counter (hotel, home address, company etc.) with surcharge. The vehicle can be picked up and dropped off out of working hours with surcharge.
- Upon claiming and returning the vehicle the form about vehicle condition must be signed.
- We recommend to check the vehicle closely together with our employee.
- Delivery and return out of working hours is surcharged.
- To contact police and UniRent Rent a Car immediately about the situation and to follow their instructions.
- To note the data about the other parties involved in accident or event.
- To fill up the accident/damage report when returning the car.
- To write brief statement about the circumstances in which accident/damage has happened.
- It is prohibited to drive rented vehicles under the influence of alcohol, medical drugs and narcotics. In these cases, the insurance is not valid - full damage/theft amount will be charged to client.
- Only authorized person, stated in the rental agreement, is allowed to drive hired car. There is a possibility to include an extra driver in the rental agreement with the permission of UniRent Rent a Car when claiming the car.
- It is prohibited to allow unauthorized persons to drive the rented vehicle, that is, to the persons not stated in rental agreement. In these cases the insurance is not valid - full damage and/or theft amount is charged to client.
RENTAL CHARGES AND DEPOSIT
PICK UP AND DROP OFF THE VEHICLE
CDW (COLLISION DAMAGE WAIVER)
Purchasing this insurance is mandatory.
Liability for rental vehicle damage covering the third party is limited by defined excess amount related to the vehicle group. That amount must be stated in rental agreement.
This insurance does not cover any interior damage, tires and wheels breakage, damage to the underside of the vehicle, broken or lost key, contamination of fuel or damages caused by the negligance or deliberately. All the above damages will be fully charged at the moment of the car return.
When the vehicle is being returned its condition will be checked out by our employee and the client and compared to the condition at claiming time. Every change in the vehicle condition, that is, all new damages will be written in the agreement form and signed by both parties.
TP (THEFT PROTECTION)
Purchasing this insurance is mandatory.
Limitation of liability is applied in the case of theft of the vehicle or its parts (tires, stereo equipment etc.). It is limited by excess amount related to the vehicle group. That amount must be stated in rental agreement.
This insurance is not valid if the vehicle was left unlocked or the keys were left in the wheel lock.
PAI (PERSONAL ACCIDENT INSURANCE)
Purchasing this insurance, the driver and all the passengers in the car are insured in case of death or injuries as results of car accident during the rental period.
Police report is mandatory for all insurance options.
Failing to present police report, full damage and/or theft amount will be charged to client, regardless to insurance option.
It is mandatory to make a police report even in case when client was not present when rented car was damaged (for example: damage on parking by anonymous person).
PROCEDURES IN CASE OF ACCIDENT, DAMAGE AND THEFT
Client is obligated to do the following:
LIMITATIONS RELATED TO VEHICLE CONTROL
While booking, reserve one vehicle group from our fleet, within each group we have a number of different vehicles. The priority of UniRent Rent a Car is to provide the car from our fleet reserved by clients.
UniRent Rent a Car reserves the right to provide another vehicle from the same group in case the wanted car is not available.